Hi! I wanted just to drop a pearl of wisdom for the people that are having issues with the sensitivity to taps on the Surface. I found this and it speeds ups a lot plus there's less missed taps.
Apparently, there are some folks who really notice a slight on-screen UI touchscreen lag for the new Microsoft Surface RT tablet. Luckily, there is a fix that supposedly helps reduce this lag, although your results may vary depending upon your perception. Here's the steps require for the "fix,"
First, you will need to activate the registry editor, which we of course must caution you to be careful doing. If you are undaunted, here are the steps:
1. Swipe in from the right of the screen, hit search, type “regedit” and select the app.
2. Navigate to the proper key
3. Once you’re in the editor, navigate over to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then to SOFTWARE, then on to Microsoft. Once there, scroll down a bunch until you arrive at TouchPrediction. If you don’t have tiny, stylus-like fingers, you might want to plug in a keyboard attachment if you have one handy, as the trackpad helps select the folders.
4. Change the Latency and Sample Time
5. Now, select “Latency” and change the value data from “8″ to “2.” Then, select Sample Time, and change the value data from “8″ to “2″ as well.
After that you are done, and you might notice a difference in your everyday activities.
There is one caveat to this trick. It polls the touchscreen at a higher rate, so it might negatively affect your battery life. Sound off in the thread if this was worth it.