View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:45 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I suspect it is a combination of the software in the Glo and the format of the epub book itself. Some readers have hyphenation capability built-in so they can sensibly split words even without help from the epub level. Others rely on the epub containing soft-hyphens to indicate possible split points (which I am guessing is the case for you).

I am not sure if there is any supported ways to get Calibre to add soft-hyphens to books. It is likely to be a complicated issue as it would be highly language dependent.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote