Some of them I can't check in Calibre because they have DRM on them. But they are books I have read before with no problem, and they display fine in Adobe Digital Editions.
So I did the factory reset, transferred my books back over, and now I'm being told I can't open any of the DRM books because of an authorization issue with ADE.
So, I opened ADE, hooked my device up, deauthorized the device, reauthorized it, and then used ADE to transfer the books back over to my device and replace any copies that were already on the device.
Ejected the device, it told me it was updating, then about halfway through the screen turned entirely black. Wouldn't turn back on, so I did a basic reset.
Opened up one of the books that I was getting blank pages in, and it was fine. Checked another book that gave me issues, and it was fine. Tried another book and got the ADE/DRM error message, then went back and tried the first book again and this time the page is all black except for the page number at the bottom. If I try to turn a page, it just closes it and marks it as "finished. Tried the second book, same thing. Tried another book that has DRM on it, got the ADE/DRM error message.
Getting a bit annoyed because I did not have any of these issues, especially not the ADE/DRM one, with my Sony Reader.
Guess I should've hung onto that one.