View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 03:10 AM   #20
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
It's easier said than done.
Not sure what you mean. If the corporations really wanted to appoint a "contact person" for MobileRead (and other online) discussions, they'd be easily able to do so. Because they are not doing it, the obvious conclusion is that they prefer the status quo.

Why? Because it's easier to stifle and "contain" any dissatisfied customers via those private pseudo-communications with canned-reply-churning half-robots, than having to deal with customer feedback in independent, open space like here on the MobileRead boards.

Just redirect any dissatisfied customer to a half-robot instead of a real person, and that will discourage them from voicing any complaints in future. They will get the idea that it's useless to complain. That strategy has certainly worked with me. I now fully realize that when it comes to Apple, Microsoft, Google or Amazon, I need to put up and shut up. No improvements are in sight, and no one from those corporations is interested in my feedback. They only pretend to be, to maintain their PR image.

Take iBooks. Why is it that practically all independent e-reader apps include an item such as "Send Us Your Feedback!" or "Submit a Bug Report!" or "Contact the Developer!" in their menus, but there is no such menu item in iBooks?

Answer: because we're not really interested in user feedback. Please, please, don't bother us with your wishes and requests. God knows we have more than we can handle even now, despite the army of outsourced half-robots in our employ.

And so it happens, that you get inferior products from mega-corporations, and superior products from small-time companies or even individuals.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote