Thread: Glo Books Removed
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #25
Lynx-lynx
Cheeky Kiki!!
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo
@clarkekent I decided some time ago that I would only ever download the epub version of Kobo books (into Sony Reader) and then import them into Calibre, and your story is exactly the reason why.

When I buy, or download a free ebook, I want to know that I'm going to be able to keep it for ever, or whatever length of time I determine, and so Calibre is the way I ensure that.

I couldn't even tell you whether the original copies of Kobo's Kepubs are still in my Kobo Desktop, because I don't need to open it. I started a dummy Kobo account and use that as the sync for my Glo.

I don't buy anything with the dummy account or use it for any other reason than to sync updated firmware.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote