View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidarr View Post
Hey all! I've bought the Kobo Touch a few days ago and I'm loving it, so far with 100 books, having read some of them, the device is working great.

Now, something I noticed is that the search function gets annoyingly slow depending on how many books there are in the machine. So, is it worth it to buy a SD for the Kobo? If I put like 300 books, will the search function become even slower than what it already is? If the answer is yes, whats the ideal size of the SD?

They say you can put 30k books on it with 32GB SD but if the search gets slower and slower...

And btw, what is the ideal number of books one could have without having the apparel being painfully slow?

Thanks a lot!
I dont think that the search time would be any length of time that would make much difference. I have over 3000 books on my Sd card and I am constantly adding books. I read and read like there is no tommorow and the one thing I always hated about paper books was that eventually I would have to clean house. With my ereader I can keep a small library at finger tips on a card that is no smaller then the fingernail on my pinky finger.
Imagine that an entire library on demand. REgardless of what you decide to do I can imagine erasing any books off my sd card and my ultimate goal would be to fill the card to capacity. Reading is my passion and my escape from the real world where I can be hero or just plain imagine the dragons and wonders that the author has created out of thin air.... whoops started rambling... but back to point... I have not noticed much of a differance in search time... currently... As far as an SD card goes it can store information for over 10 years with no need of power so not sure how much power that would drain but I am sure its negligable.

Regards

JAck
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote