I think it's fair to say that there are still problems with the generator which haven't been ironed out yet.
I sent a few sample files to gers1978 and we did at least manage to come up with something that could do links to Wikipedia; however, the X-Ray file also contains some kind of pointer to positions within the e-book, and that doesn't seem to have been decoded yet. So currently you tend to get some off-putting gibberish. I probably need to get round to looking at this again.
Secondly I tried my Calibre plugin on a book and just got an error message - again I need to work out what's wrong there.
Finally I don't think you should need to jailbreak.