View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #102
Figan
Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Question Is a Jailbroken Kindle Touch Required?

Hello,

Thanks very much to shinew, gluggy, and mjwilson for the work so far. I am eager to get this working but as of yet I haven't been able. I would really appreciate some advice.

I have tried using shinew's website at http://www.xunwang.me/xray/ (with and without wikipedia entry, with and without the optional db name), and I have tried mjwilson's calibre plugin (again, with or without the wikipedia entry).

I get the X-Ray button, but I get the 'X-Ray is not available for this book' message. There is also a centre-aligned 'WG' at the bottom of the window that's almost certainly irrelevant, but seems oddly remarkable.

The ASIN comes from gluggy's java tool, and I've used the file that's both in my Calibre library and already on the Kindle Touch. The likliest culprit is probably the db name. As far as I can tell from Mobi Metadata Editor, the file has none, but I've tried using the 'Full Name' entry and the 'Name' entry from the Header juse in case. What does the Database Name show up as in Mobi Metadata Editor exactly? Am I missing it?

Another likely cause is the fact that the Kindle in question is on the official, latest update. I've assumed (literally realising this foolish assumption as I type it) that a jailbroken Kindle Touch isn't required. That probably isn't the case is it?

It would be great to get this working!

Thanks for reading,

Figan

Last edited by Figan; 01-18-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Clarity.
Figan is offline   Reply With Quote