View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Weirdest thing I found so far on my 5.3.1 PW: When usbnetwork is on (had it set to auto, and on all the time over usb) active content gets really slow and unresponsive. The longer I use it the slower it gets. Particularly this one active content does that: Solitaire Collection (Kindle Edition). First thought, meh, badly programmed. But then I checked it out on my KT with 5.3.2 (non jailbroke still) and it was fine. Back to PW and disabled usbnetwork - now it doesn't have any more speed problems. So I deactivated the auto-switch, so that USBNetwork is off until I use it. Will check if it gets better with 5.3.3 and usbsetwork on.

Any explanation what would cause that?
That will take a bit of skill to check since you need a way to run commands that does not use USBnetworking.

The serial port connections for the Kpw are posted (and in the index pages). The thread I started also has a link to the Kpw teardown process.

It takes a very steady hand to solder to the contact pads and a 1.8 volt, low voltage serial to USB adapter.

That gives you access to the operator's console of the OS.
From which you can run applications (such as ps and top) that will tell you what is eating up the CPU resources in both cases.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote