View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 AM   #2371
Just4kix
Zealot
Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi all,
My latest book I Made These Up (short stories for the fireside) is finally available.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B009ZZA

Short stories for the fireside (or wherever you have your e-reader). A diverse variety of humour, historical, murder, ghost, sentimental, adventure, and even a bit naughty - there is sure to be something to entertain you. There are even two BONUS read-aloud stories for children.
These stories have been published previously in magazines or newspapers. Some are adapted from chapters in But Can You Drink The Water? and some also appear in Something to Read on the Plane.

1. A ‘Tail’ of Woe.
Frank planned a quiet afternoon of model aeroplane building. But unfortunately he failed to take his father-in-law into account.
2. Proof of the Pudding.
The residents of Ladysmith were eager to escape before the town was besieged. Albert Swinbourne, however, had other plans.
3. The Tryst
He tried nibbling her ear. He wasn’t sure whether he should be licking, nibbling, or kissing it. Even after re-watching a movie he still hadn’t been able to make out the exact technique.
4. One Little Pig Stayed at Home.
When the young troopie was offered room and board in exchange for some light work, he thought his luck had changed.
5. The Secret.
Jenny wasn’t expecting to meet an old school friend, especially one who would revive memories best forgotten.
6. Flypast.
As the Spitfire soared into the air Bill wanted to impress his grandson, but would the old man’s nerves hold out?
7. A Matter of Convenience
Family holidays were not the happy events they had once been, especially now that Walter’s bladder had become a liability.
8. The Letter.
The two buddies were living and working together out in the sticks, and they were beginning to set each other’s teeth on edge. Then one of them made a very weird suggestion…
9. Night Noises.
Strange, the fascination and peculiar power of a man’s imagination; the terrors the silent darkness can hold. And who knows the tormented imaginings of those who have been led down the deep dark path of insanity...?

[Edited for length - MODERAT0R]

I know some of you get cross when books are only available on Amazon, but banking and other problems preclude me from using other outlets, so I hope you'll forgive me .

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-18-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Just4kix is offline   Reply With Quote