View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #35472
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
LOL Stitchawl! That story reminds me of the summer that tarantulas invaded the Texas Panhandle. I mean they were everywhere. In Palo Duro Canyon state park, you could even see them wandering down the paths. Anyway, one got into our house on a Saturday morning. Being a teenager, I was sound asleep when my mother saw him in the kitchen. She screamed bloody murder for me to "come kill it!!!!!" By the time I made it out of bed it had of course disappeared due to my mom scaring it to death with her screaming and throwing things at it. We never saw it again (unfortunately for my mother's peace of mind), but neither did we ever find another one in the house. I never did find out exactly why tarantulas were so prolific that year either, come to think of it.
Was that the summer of '66? I was in living just outside Amarillo that summer (right near Palo Duro Canyon) and I remember seeing them on the streets. Amarillo was in the process of closing down businesses the downtown area as people started going to the malls on the edge of town, so the streets were pretty empty of foot or vehicle traffic.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote