View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #94
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Starbucks, Google, and Amazon Face Investigation For 'Immoral' Tax Evasion in the UK

That's less than 1%, and they earned £200m How is that defensible?

The strategy of Amazon and other companies like them doesn't surprise me. What surprises me is that people defend them. They are stealing from the community. It's daylight robbery!
Now that is just choice. A British politician says it is immoral to locate in Ireland.

The government is not the community. Also, where exactly is the theft. I thought all agree the practice is legal, even that anti-Irish Brit pretty much says they can't call it illegal, only some vague undefined fair share immorality issue. They actually have a legal obligation to their shareholders to maximize profits. Why are you trying to rob them shareholders by requiring them to pay more then they owe? As others have said if you think the government should get more taxes for things you buy at Amazon, you can send in that extra on your own. Just keep a tally of how much you feel you should have paid more had the taxes been included and send it on it.