View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Well, it's "safe" to update, if you have the jailbreak bridge installed. The jailbreak will be kept, all other modifications installed on main are wiped -- but you can reinstall them after the upgrade. Of course, there's no guarantee that they continue to work, but most of them will. An exception is everything that is Java-based and non-trivial -- the lab126 guys must have really fallen in love with their obfuscator tool.

And, should everything else fail, you can always downgrade to 5.3.1.
Thanks for the re-assurance; I appreciate it. In my limited knowledge of these things, I think the screensaver hack (the only one I have installed) isn't too complex and worked over the most recent software update, so fingers crossed.
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote