View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #19
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle 3, Sony PRS-505, iPad, Samsung Galaxy S II
I just got done with the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness and I think it's the first dystopian-ish YA series since The Hunger Games that I actually ended up finding excellent. It's not set on Earth but on a colonised planet at some point in the future.

The first book is The Knife of Never Letting Go, and it's well worth a look. The beginning may be a struggle - it was for me, and for a lot of people, I think, but getting through that is well worth it. (It's not due to slowness or anything; it's just a very different world than ours in one important way, and the writing style / narration of the main protagonist takes some getting used to.)
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote