View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #38
Turtle91
Guru
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5/iPad 1&2/Surface Pro/Kindle PW
It seems from your description (I don't have a kobo device) that one of the footnote links issues is that the link could be too small. A single "1" on a small screen (especially with small font) would be hard for the device to detect a touch.

Why not make the hyperlink a little larger - include more of the surrounding text. Unless there are two adjacent links that should not be a problem.

e.g.
instead of:
<p>This is a test link[<a href="..." id="link1">1</a>]</p>
you could use:
<p>This is a test link<a href="..." id="link1">[1]</a></p>
or even:
<p>This is a test <a href="..." id="link1">link[1]</a></p>

The only downside I could see is that link[1] would all be formatted as a link (ie. blue, underlined). I personally don't like links formatted like that - I remove all formatting and assume that the reader will intuit that it's a link based on it's content - but that's me. If you want just the numeral formatted that could easily be fixed with css and a span:

a {color:inherit;text-decoration:none;}
a span {color:blue; text-decoration:underline}

<p>This is a test <a href="..." id="link1">link[<span>1</span>]</a></p>

Cheers!

Last edited by Turtle91; 01-17-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote