View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
Alec Ford
Alec Ford began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidvo View Post
If you could tell us what is not working when you try to import and convert from HTML, we might be able to help you with that easier than with your PDF problems.
Epub and pdf

Well Iím not sure I can describe the problem better. I make a simple pdf. The new pages are detected as chapters correctly and the various headers levels are detected for an outline so I end up with an epub file that has the chapters in the contents and an outline at the end with all the sections listed but clicking on the links doesnít go to their correct destination. All links in the outline take me to the top of the document.

I did read that pdf isnít great for input but it almost seemed to work perfectly for me. I would like to know if the problem can be resolved simply for the future but I will shift this project to openoffice. I donít think parts of the core of Wordperfect (that I am using) have been updated for many years and it handles images miserably by gobbling up memory and bloating file size and hitting performance and I want to include some images in the final version this project. Open office handles images really well on the other hand.
Alec Ford is offline   Reply With Quote