View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #135
ichrispa
Enthusiast
ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kobo Touch
Sorry Mrs_Often, I forgot to answer your question.

Quote:
How do you know your Touch was manufactured in autumn 2012?
Sorry: bought in autumn, manufactured in the summer of 2012. It's in the image of my sd card. The Files on the original backup partition (the one used to restore using hard reset) all date to the 18th of July 2012. Also, when looking at the raw sdcard image, the first couple of bytes contain the serial number, which looks like "N-N**************_1207180919". I bought the Kobo in October 2012, so it does make sense to me that the 18th July 2012 is the manufacturing date of my device. But it stays of course an assumption.

There is another possible hint to the manufacturing date of the hardware (which in no sense says anything about the device in general) on the integrated circuits inside the device. The processor (yes, I looked. I was curious ) at least does bare a 1/12 marking, which could mean that it was manufactured on the first or second quarter of 2012. But the markings are manufacturer specific and could really mean anything.
ichrispa is offline   Reply With Quote