View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:59 AM   #23045
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Same system, so far as I can tell. The idea of taking it out of an old HD is perfect. Goodness knows I have LOTS of those around. I'll try it. The cover IS heavier than the one from Amazon, but a LOT nicer.
If you've never taken apart a hard drive before, it can be a challenge. There is one screw that is hidden under the sticker! Then after you have the cover plate off, and remove all the visible screws, you will need to lever out the read/write arm with some force as one of the magnets will be holding it down. These magnets are fairly fragile, but even if you break one, the strength of the piece will still be surprising. I've raised a couple of blood blisters by getting my finger tip caught between two of them snapping together! I've used two of them to make a magnetic-retention inverted sheath for a rather heavy combat knife. Two hard drive magnets were enough to keep the knife secure even when jumping up and down!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote