View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #23044
CRussel
Wizard
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9, Fire 7HD, Surface 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
If the Paperwhite's activation switch functions the same way as the Kobo's, it's EASY to fix that problem. All you need is a thin magnet and some tape (or thin leather) the same color as your cover. The most powerful magnets can be found inside old dead hard drives, above and below the base of the read/write arm. Only 2mm thick and VERY, VERY strong! On the Kobo, the activation 'point' is just under the screen on the lower left side. The magnet inside the cover of the Sleep case is embedded into the case, but you can use the thin magnet taped to the inside of your case. Just locate the correct position under the screen, and tape the magnet to your case in the proper place. If you can't get a hard drive magnet, Radio Shack sells good ones too, just not as strong. The real key is to use a thin one... Duct tape will cover the magnet, holding it in place. Just be sure to activate the correct setting to use the sleep/wake feature. Open the case, wake up the device. Close the case, put it to sleep. No problem.

Stitchawl
Same system, so far as I can tell. The idea of taking it out of an old HD is perfect. Goodness knows I have LOTS of those around. I'll try it. The cover IS heavier than the one from Amazon, but a LOT nicer.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote