Originally Posted by davidfor
Was your testing with only one book? A reason for the changes you saw is that the device stores the settings for each book if you make changes. It also save these settings as the defaults to use for any new books.
I didn't know that! I think that's stupid! If I've made changes to a book as I'm developing it I want the new settings to be in force, not what I've just corrected. And I certainly don't want the settings for the poetry book I'm working on now to be the settings for the novel I might do next.
I've had endless trouble with authors for whom I've developed mobi ebooks. Unless they do as I ask them and remove all traces of the previous version the new version won't overwrite the previous version. So they don't see the changes or correction I've made. If I understand you correctly I'm likely to have the same problem with Kobo owners.
And yes, for consistency all the testing was on one ebook.