Originally Posted by twowheels
I honestly don't get it.
1) The space is there. Why leave it empty if the device isn't giving you fits because of it?
2) Lots of fanfic is small. Some series may be lengthy, but contain short files. Some I 'merge' and some I haven't gotten around to.
3) I want a very large collection with me. I have a ton of ereaders, and don't know which one I'll grab on the way out. If I've started a book on one, and the other is easier to grab on the way out, there's a good chance the current book is on there.
4) An extra backup. In case I come home to find the house burned down or flooded, I have various storage backups, those on my device one of them. (I know of someone whose house burned down. Her lifetime collection of books suddenly gone. The idea freaks me out.)
5) I lived in Japan for three years, with a very sad English library, a very limited English book store, while too poor to order many and relatives who could never be talked into sending me any books at all in that time. A full ereader is my fuzzy, comfort blanket.
6) Practice for when I finally hit a nursing home and can only have a few things, an eReader being one of them. I want *all* my ebook friends with me.
By that time, if they number in the millions, I'll want to have room for all of them.