View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:36 AM   #24
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
GfK Switzerland AG is a market research institute, which suggests that business did have its fingers in this study to some extent. Hm.
That doesn't surprise me at all, given the results and basing them on 10 individuals. That is probably 10 that are used to reading electronic devices all day long. It doesn't mean anything other than: If you look long enough and pick the right people, you can "prove" anything. Beeing able to validate it by testing the results by repeating the exact same test on 100 randomly picked strangers off the street might be difficult. The methods used might have been scientific, but the small group makes it hard to take this paper serious.

If I find 10 chain-smokers that are 90+ years old, does that mean that smoking might not be all that dangerous? I think not.
DuckieTigger is online now   Reply With Quote