View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #82
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD; Nexus 7; PRS-350, 950; Kindle K; OnePlus One; Galaxy S4; MBP.
Though I don't base buying decisions on public popularity, I do pay attention when even the professionals I know -- the ones who have made their living from Apple for decades -- are now thoroughly annoyed and casting about for alternatives.

Pro musicians are talking about Cubase again, probably because it's one of the few original DAWs to have survived which are still cross-platform. Ableton Live doesn't count because you can't edit waveforms or, most importantly, arrange midi parts at all (let alone see them in music notation).

One of my friends is a sound engineer who also writes iPhone audio apps. Another writes product-emphasizing games for corporations. Suddenly, both are looking at Thinkpads and building PC towers. If those foonts are now disgusted with Apple's limitations, then something seems to be seriously amiss.

A decade ago, one of them used to stroll resignedly over to his PC while muttering "MicroSloth." He isn't saying that kind of thing any more. All his ire is directed at Logic's bizarre CPU misuse and tendency to stutter until restarted.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 01-14-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote