View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #15229
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I've been largely just lurking in this thread, but it's so interesting to see what people are reading!

I finally picked up The Ask and the Answer, second book in the YA dystopian / science fiction Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness, after reading the first book (The Knife of Never Letting Go) last summer - I found it good (I can't say "enjoyed" it, really, as these aren't particularly feel-good books) but it was a bit of a struggle to read at times plus I felt like something lighter afterwards.

The second book seems to be much easier to get into, though - probably because I'm now familiar with the style (a lot of it is first person narrative by an illiterate protagonist, with many words spelled out semi-phonetically), and because I'm familiar with the world.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote