View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #8
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Sabardeyn's Avatar
 
Posts: 629
Karma: 1242364
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Right Coast
Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
First Error
Alright. Suggestions on what to do next to identify and resolve the original error? Should I just send you a copy of the database without any formats attached? The metadata.db file is only 635 Kb. There are still two book entries that suffer from the error, so whatever is going on is still available for testing. (Even if I've gotten into the Edit Metadata for those two books, I've cancelled out to leave them available for testing.)


Second Error
Initial notice of strangeness: Composite column output displayed incorrectly in v9.11.

Repeatable steps:I started a new database completely from scratch (ie, Switch database>Create new> happens if copy structure Y or N, v9.14).

Created 6 series-like custom columns. I used similar names at first (ser1, ser2). Later I created an entirely new database and tried dissimilar names (in case variable names were only unique to the Nth letter position - as programming languages of old used to suffer from this problem). Problem occurs with either naming scheme.

Create one composite column, like tags, shows in tag browser. Set the template to:
Code:
{#ser1:|| }{#ser1_index:| [|],  }{#ser2}{#ser2_index:| [|],  }{#ser3:|| }{#ser3_index:| [|],  }{#ser4}{#ser4_index:| [|],  }{#ser5:|| }{#ser5_index:| [|],  }{#ser6}{#ser6_index:| [|] }
For the sake of ease, I created a single empty book, with dummy info. Specifically, the #ser columns were filled with text count (first, second...) and each index was given a matching numeric index value (1, 2...).

Saving metadata, the book list is updated and the composite column shows the following, incorrect order:
Fifth [5], First [1], Fourth [4], Second [2], Sixth [6], Third [3]
Note that if an Edit Template is done at this point from the Book List, the template and template value appears correct:
First [1], Second [2], Third [3], Fourth [4], Fifth [5], Sixth [6]
However, returning to the Book List, the composite column is still displaying the column information out of order.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote