View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:43 AM   #53
MikeB1972
Fanatic
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Well I'd much prefer a simple filesystem based folder structure, but every time I mention it, I get shouted down. Even if the shelf system worked, it is SOOOO slow to arrange all your books onto the shelves using the device itself that I can't see it ever working for me.

So, in keeping with the purpose of this thread - what do the other brands use to organise books on the device? I know the BeBook my wife has and the Astak I had (essentially the same hardware) all use files in folders and I couldn't happier with that. What about the Sony and Nook and kindle?
I'd prefer to see a file system as well, most mp3 players have a file system as well as the tag/shelf system so it can't be too hard to put in.

Bebook (All Hanlin V3/5) & Jetbook both have a file system only.
Cybook Opus has a file system and a full list.
Sony's have a list/shelves (File system can be used if you add PRS+)
Kobo's have a list/shelves
I think the Hanvon's had folder support as well.

At the minute I use a Kobo Glo for bad light conditions and a Sony 650 in daytime (Obviously gone back to 2.1.5 for the Glo firmware)

The last firmware update on the Jetbook was very good and If they brought out a new one with a better processor/screen and pretty much the same firmware I'd be damn tempted to get another one.

I liked the openinkpot firmware for the hanlin V3 but that seems to have died a death before being recoded for any other readers.

My ideal mash up at the minute would be the Cybook main menu, Sony's ADE implementation with Kobo's & PRS+ configuration options (Also FBReader/Coolreader as options for non DRM file) Kobo Glo's Front light and Sony's stability. Also everyones old method of accessing footnotes with buttons (Too hard to tap the right bit of the screen on anything at the moment).
It would also be handy to edit the tags on device.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote