View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:40 PM   #7
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Theducks,
Ok, I might not say this properly. Hopefully you will understand what I meant rather than what I said. Anyway...

Wouldn't something like what you're referring to be device screen size dependent? I don't Save to Device/Disk, so I'm commenting without any real experience. But as I understand the conversion process, one factor that calibre takes into account is the screen size, adjusting output accordingly.

So size is relative. Large on a 4" screen is one thing, on a Kindle 3 its something completely different. Unless it could be checked via a percentage of screen size: get image_size. if image_size >=75% report possible_cover:=true.

or something roughly equivalent to that. Margins and automatic image resizing might interfere with that idea however.

PS: I don't exactly care for double covers, particularly: two copies of the same image; or, a generic (calibre?) cover and the real publisher's cover. I might not have a problem with multiple cover images from various editions of a book - provided its a smallish number of images total (<12?). Forget something like LotR/Hobbit with hundreds of editions worldwide.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote