View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #248
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW/K4B/K4S/K3+3G KF1/KFHD2/N7.2/SGP 4.2 SGP 5.0/LG Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by acti0n View Post
Once #9 arrives Monday that will be the last. Unless it's somehow perfect, I'm just gonna stick with unit #3, which I find to be the most tolerable of the replacements -- I managed to remove the aforementioned piece of plastic sticking out of the top inner border after a little fiddling. While it does have some blotchiness on the bottom, it does not distract me from reading as bright dust specs, scratches, and discoloration would. So, while not perfect, I can at least get down to reading.
The billboard effect at the bottom is normal but it shouldn't be blotchy anywhere else. You may notice a green or blue shadowing around the screen edges, Kind of like a border, depending how you hold it. This is normal. All Kindles have it. The light just exaggerates it.

My PW had a plastic piece sticking out on the top edge of the screen. I was also easily able to remove it. When I first saw it I was like please don't let it be a broken pixel. My PW is pretty good, no discoloration. The contrast on the text could be so much better though.

Also as you lower the light below 5 you will notice a background becoming dirty or muttled. Just not looking clean specially where the text is. This is normal due to how eInk screens look without light.
Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote