Thread: Touch Why I Gave Up On 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #24
Willa
Groupie
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by voidoid View Post

Anyway, I decided to try to take it back to 2.1.5 one more time and did it successfully this way. I factory reset it to 1.9.1.3 then side loading to 2.0.4 and then side loading to 2.1.5. Then I chose to sign in to Kobo using the desktop application. It did its thing including forcing an upgrade to 2.3.1. However, before ejecting it and letting it update I simply accessed the .kobo folder on the touch and deleted the 3 update files that are of the same name as the files in the side loaded updates. I then ejected and found that I had 2.1.5 but was signed in to Kobo so was fully functional. The books that I had bought from Kobo I trashed in my Kobo account and use Calibre to manage them.

I am happy once again to have a properly [well, fairly properly] functioning device and I won't be shifting from 2.1.5 in a hurry. My hope is that this story may help others to switch back if they find that 2.1.5 was ok for them and 2.3.1 is too annoying.

How could Kobo have let such a serious bug get through to a release?
Thanks for that - just worked for me and am happily back to 2.1.5

Willa is offline   Reply With Quote