You are welcome Oxen!
By the way, I read on by-smart.com web site (http://www.by-smart.com/epubstar/setup_en.html
) the requirements needed for EpubSTAR (ES) and, frankly, it is far too demanding!
Here is why.
- Regarding .NET. Well, many win users have already it, so it's not a big problem. But that does not mean that all win users would install it on their computer just to use ES.
- In my opinion, this is not a good idea that ES can automatically download .NET. I think it is imperative to ask the user before, so he or she can decide if it should be added or not.
"Install Microsoft Word. If you want to use the feature of "WORD to EPUB", Word 2003 or higher version is also required.
" [Quotes are from the by-smart web site]
Pardon me Oxen, I really don't want to be rude, but this is a bit ridiculous. I do not know how much it cost for a genuine copy of Word where you live, but in North America and Europe:
- it is an expensive piece of software;
- there are other free and good options like OpenOffice or LibreOffice;
- and, possibly, many users don't care about it (MS Word).
So you share a tool that is not able to works completely by itself! Too bad! Oxen, why not include support for odt files?
"temporarily close the related security software
Frankly, nobody will disconnect his firewall to install this kind of program: this is not a safe option.
"because EpubSTAR need to download data such as Oxen's styles"
Not very good either here. If ES needs
these files, they must absolutely
be included within the program.
Sorry Oxen, but as it is currently configured, I could not install EpubSTAR, even if my previously reported problems were resolved.
Good luck anyway!