View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #50
guma
Connoisseur
guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
From my experiences with other e-readers I owned before I got the KOBO (Hanlin, Amazon, Sony) I'd say new firmware releases for these where almost as buggy as KOBO's. The crucial difference is that the other manufacturers used to provide bugfix releases so that, after some (short) time, there was a stable version for each firmware.

For some obscure reason KOBO's policy is not to provide bugfixes but only new firmware versions combining (in the happy case some) bugfixes with new feature implementations ... which always introduce a new set of bugs ... for which no fixes will be released ...
guma is offline   Reply With Quote