View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 02:36 AM   #45
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Robko,

I transferred epubs from calibre that were set up with shelves and worked fine with no duplication on my Touch, and found I had multiple shelves for only one series on the Glo, without any sync to the Kobo servers. WiFi was off. Please explain how that is a Kobo Server issue?

I'll give heavy odds it is either a Kobo internal database or firmware issue, or calibre has a bug, etc. Since it also seems to be happening to people syncing to Kobo's servers and apparently not transferring from Calibre then I'd lean toward it being a firmware bug that affects the internal database by occasionally creating a duplicate record. Perhaps, if a transfer doesn't complete properly and is restarted a second shelf record gets inserted... Who knows? Mere guesswork.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote