View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 02:07 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Glo, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamsma View Post
Kobo advertise with the possibility for synchronise with every possible smartphone etc
They don't tell you that's only possible with bought books from kobo
i asked them how so, there answered that the books are different formatted
i think there some extra software lines that make that the books are synchronised with the app.
So here is the question is it possible that these lines are automatically put in the file by calibre so that these books also can be read on a iphone
sorry for my bad english
Menno
AFAIK, you can add epubs to your iPhone's Kobo app using iTunes.

What I think that other people are looking at for when they say syncing is to have reading position, bookmarks, annotations and so on synchronized across multiple devices for books that are not purchased from Kobo. While technically possible, I suspect that Kobo is not going to go that route. I can just see the lawsuits for violation of Canada's privacy laws.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote