Thread: I'm new
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
cloyd
cloyd began at the beginning.

Device: android-- mantano
I'm new

Hi. I am new, and a 63 year old male who loves computers and who loves reading. To tell the truth, I never thought I'd like e-books over printed books. However, I've found e-book to be really nice. I started reading books on the nook on my phone, and then bought a tablet. On one device I can have a Nook, a Kindle, and various other e-readers for books from the public domain.

I really like the way the Nook works (at least on my android). I have a large collection of public domain books, and I haven't settled on a good reader. There are lots of good readers out there, and they are different enough to cause one to think before making a choice. At this point, I'm stuck between Bluefire reader and Mantano reader. Alkido was nice, but others seemed better. Features I especially like are the ability edit metadata and also to organize books in collections.

One challenge I always have is figuring out what folder to look for my books in. Sometime I think I am creating a pretty good mess with copies of books in folders all over the place. But if I can ask one question from other readers right now, what are some others favorite e-reader apps and why? I use android, but my wife uses an ipad, so some apple information might be in order too. Any information at all will be appreciated.
cloyd is offline   Reply With Quote