Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #60
jusmee
Guru
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch / Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
So, testing the charing...

It went from 0% to 50% in an hour (or less, I didn't check until an hour after starting the charge).

Then it stayed at 50% for two (!!) hours... I suspected the battery meter wasn't updating. So I unplugged the cable, reconnected it, and the battery percent changed to 96%... and instead of showing the "plug" icon in the battery, it's now showing the "check mark"... so it stopped charging at 96% (I now vaguely recall it won't charge unless it's under 95%).

So what's up with that? Three hours in the charger, didn't update the meter and it didn't get further than 96%?? (Using the 2.5 hours charge as 'normal'.)

I unplugged the Glo and synced it to try and get the battery below 95% so it might charge... once the sync had completed, the battery read 98%!

I would have guessed a bad battery would charge extremely quickly... is my guess wrong? Could a bad battery also take forever and/or not get to its maximum charge? (Hmm that also sounds reasonable...)
No reason a bad battery might charge quickly. In fact, if it is prone to self-discharge, the 'leakage' would make it take even longer to charge, if anything.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote