View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Managing book title display

I have two related questions about book titles. I'm not sure which way I want to implement things - I think it's going to depend on what I can (or cannot) do. So if anyone can answer these two issues, I would appreciate the help.

1) Is there an equivalent to a Manage Title process, similar to Manage Authors, that can be used in bulk through out the database? Basically I'm looking to set title_sort=title for all books with a red title_sort background.

I added a bunch of books and then decided to go with strict_alphabetic. Now I need to change them all but cannot recall every book. So if I could do this through the entire database, or a subset, it would be (potentially) easier.

2) Is there a way to get calibre to display book titles in library sort order, assuming default display method?

For instance, if there was a book called "The Fly", calibre (with default settings) would place this book in the F section of the book list. However, the title would still appear as "The Fly". Scanning the book list, I see a T and get confused because I'm in the F section. What I would prefer is having the book display under F, but as "Fly, The". Is this possible?

If you have an alternate suggestion, please feel free to add a comment. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote