View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #775
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
One example of that I found the other day is cereals. I have a bowl of cornflakes every morning for breakfast. Nothing wrong with that - it's a reasonably healthy breakfast; when you read the box it tells you it has 180 calories in a 30g serving with 125ml of semi-skimmed milk. It suddenly occurred to me to wonder, however, how much 30g of cornflakes actually is, so I weighed it one morning - and it's about a third of the amount I'd normally been eating!
I did the same thing. I started using a smaller bowl and for a month used a measuring cup until I felt like I knew what a serving looked like. And a serving of juice is 8 ounces, the cups we use are 16 ounces. That is what I mean about portion size. I started buying the prepackaged bags of nuts and crackers and the like because at least I knew how much I was eating.

I swear, we have no sense of portion control any more.
ProfCrash is online now   Reply With Quote