View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #75
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I am a fan of Flynn, and Gone Girl is on my TBR pile. However, it's gotten really mixed reviews, not just folks disappointed in the ending (which I can deal with), but many pan the characters as well as awful, unpleasant, etc. saying of the main couple, "I couldn't stand either of them - they deserved each other!"
Yes, it's true, they are awful. But I thought they were fun to hate. And I actually liked the ending. I am someone who hated the ending of Into the Woods, so if you've read that one, just know that the ending is nothing like that. Gone Girl was one of my favorites of 2012: not great literature, just a very fun read.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote