View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
GrannyGrump
Persnickity Nitpicker
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
it says the same about all the embedded fonts. It subsets each one, then deletes. I assumed it was *keeping the subsets* and deleting the **original full-size** fonts. Did I assume wrongly how this operates?

Code:
Decreased the font OEBPS/Fonts/Artifika-Regular.ttf to 50.8% of its original size
Decreased the font OEBPS/Fonts/charlotte_small_caps_let.ttf to 48.6% of its original size
Decreased the font OEBPS/Fonts/VeraMono.ttf to 57.9% of its original size

The font OEBPS/Fonts/Artifika-Regular.ttf is unused. Removing it.
The font OEBPS/Fonts/charlotte_small_caps_let.ttf is unused. Removing it.
The font OEBPS/Fonts/VeraMono.ttf is unused. Removing it.
The font OEBPS/Fonts/VeraMono.ttf is unused. Removing it.
The validation has warnings in it (which I expected) about anchor tags pointing to non-existant files, but no ERROR messages. Would those warnings actually make the conversion abort upon deletion of a font. I usually make sure to clean up for validation, but didn't think these particular errors would be disastrous for this fast experiment. And the fast has turned into long and involved.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote