View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #6
Lynx-lynx
Kiki what a gal!
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthereader View Post
I recently bought a Kobo Glo and I noticed that I can't save notes. I can add (attach) notes to bookmarks but if I close the book and reopen it the notes are gone. Is this normal for the Kobo Glo? Or is it just my unit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There were a couple of long standing bugs with annotations that were fixed in 2.3.1. And until last the week, I would have said everything was working OK. But, I have been reading a couple of books and recording corrections as annotations and have lost a few. I haven't worked out a pattern, but the two or three times it has happened, I have lost all the annotations on the book.

In each case, I had made some annotations while reading, used the annotations to correct the source and deleted each annotation. At the end I had no annotations left. Then when reading the book again, I made more annotations. The next night when I was at the computer, I discovered there were no annotations. But, when reading the book again the annotations were saved and there when I went to do the fixes. I don't know what was different about my use of the device when I lost vs didn't lose the annotations.
I also had problems with the Glo 'losing' highilghts and bookmarks, but on other occasions they would be there. Yep bit of a lottery dip.

Anyway, I gave up on the Glo for non-fiction - I use the Sony 650 - which is stable and reliable.

I only read fiction on the Glo, because I don't need to highlight or dog ear pages etc.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote