View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #61
ApK
What did you call me?
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
I still hear my father saying that I need to get my nose out of a book and outside into the sunshine as I needed a tan LOL. Imagine telling a child to go into the sun these days.
Umm, well, while we want them to use more sunscreen now, it's still important and good advice to get your nose out of the books and live life from time to time.
In addition to fresh air and such, it's kind of important to be in the world and not just read about it.

Too much of anything is no good.

Also, I wonder if being told to stop reading and go out an play served a reverse-psychology effect. I think it was the Dillards who said that the kids in the family all got interested in playing music because their father would leave all his instruments out in the living room and say "Don't touch those!"

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote