View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #39
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Nexus 5 with several reader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I was 4 years old when we moved to Philly. The corner grocery had a box of cover-free used comic books. I had a choice of spending my candy money on comics or bubble gum. The comics lasted longer. Some of the stories are still with me. It helped that a lot of them were LEGION of SUPER-Heroes from the Edmund Hamilton and Otto Binder era.
Ah, your first foray into copyright violation. Coverless comics are supposed to be destroyed. The newsstand owner would return the covers to the distributor to be credited for unsold merchandise. If you read the indicia at the bottom of the front page, it will sometimes say something about comics without covers were books the publisher was not paid for. I used to get them at the used book store. Those dirty rats wouldn't take anything without a cover in trade, though.

http://www.jimshooter.com/2011/11/co...tribution.html
BadBilly is offline   Reply With Quote