View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #22
wizwor
Guru
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yes I totally agree. My power supply is plenty to run my PC. I upgraded the PSU first before I got the card. It was only 300Watt and now I have my Earthwatts 650 PSU in. I keep track of my voltages and they are fine. The 12 rail never goes below 12v and never changes more than 5% as is recommended.

It's the board's that has a short in it. When the card drew power on the motherboard things started to go wacky. PWM is messed up too and sometimes the CPU voltage gets stuck 1.28 and I have to reboot to fix it before it bring up the cores temps. I had to get a fan with a switch so I could set the speed to keep things cool. I change my surge protectors every Christmas to protect from brownouts. It's just a lemon of a motherboard.
I bet if you look around the cpu, a lot of the caps are rounded on top. You could replace the board, but a lot has changed and you will be much happier getting more current.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote