View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #17
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW/K4B/K4S/K3+3G KF1/KFHD2/N7.2/SGP 4.2 SGP 5.0/LG Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
People who upgrade tend to ignore the power supply. Most machines not intended for gamers provide just enough power to drive the purchased hardware. Plug a couple usb disks and a lava lamp in and the power supply is over extended. Add some RAM, upgrade the CPU, plug in a joystick, or upgrade the disk and you are straining the power supply. Perpetual brownouts will ruin your disks and system board.
Yes I totally agree. My power supply is plenty to run my PC. I upgraded the PSU first before I got the card. It was only 300Watt and now I have my Earthwatts 650 PSU in. I keep track of my voltages and they are fine. The 12 rail never goes below 12v and never changes more than 5% as is recommended.

It's the board's that has a short in it. When the card drew power on the motherboard things started to go wacky. PWM is messed up too and sometimes the CPU voltage gets stuck 1.28 and I have to reboot to fix it before it bring up the cores temps. I had to get a fan with a switch so I could set the speed to keep things cool. I change my surge protectors every Christmas to protect from brownouts. It's just a lemon of a motherboard.
Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote