View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #16
wizwor
Guru
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
I would suggest that you not even think about Windows 8 unless you get a touch screen. └lthough it is much faster and will improve performance on most hardware, unless you are running it on a touch screen device, the new interface will most likely be extremely frustrating.

If you do want a touch interface, I would definitely recommend the Lenovo yoga 14 which I love. It has all the bells and whistles, weighs only 3.5 lbs and can be used as an ultrabook laptop, tablet or tented display. For the light weight, you give up a DVD drive, but you do get a very responsive touch screen, Bluetooth, HDMI and almost instant startup.

Cheers
I agree with your advice, but Windows 8 without touch is fine. I sit in front of a pair of 24" LCDs and would never put a finger on either. Mouse and keyboard work just as they did under Windows 7. The thing is that gestures are about to move from the touchpad to the screen, so having touch is going to future proof the computer.

BTW, I was playing with some Surface laptops today. I probably have twenty hours on a Surface. I really like the MS implementation of the Windows 8 laptop. From the integrated stand REALLY nice magnetic keyboard, this would be a fun, productive computer. Of course, Amazon, Google, and Apple will no doubt co-op Redmond's best ideas.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote