View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #25
Mystweaver
Mystweaver can extract oil from cheeseMystweaver can extract oil from cheeseMystweaver can extract oil from cheeseMystweaver can extract oil from cheeseMystweaver can extract oil from cheeseMystweaver can extract oil from cheeseMystweaver can extract oil from cheeseMystweaver can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T2
My mother attests to having read Little Golden books to me every day from the day that she took me home from hospital until the day that I came home from my first day of preschool / pre-k, and she decided that I was now going to read to her.

My mother actively encouraged the habit all through my childhood, and would take me to the library twice a week until we moved to a remote location without an accessible library - of course, we moved before I started secondary college (grades 7 - 12), so she was encouraging me to read as much as I could in my school's library. I recall finishing the fiction section in year 10.

So my mother was definitive the driving force behind my desire to read, as she was reading to me long before I could comprehend words as anything other than random sound. She still encourages the habit, buying me Amazon, Book Depository and Booktopia gift cards at any gifting occasion - which I'm all too happy to encourage!
Mystweaver is offline   Reply With Quote