View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #11
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, iOS app, Android app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
Also, if you delete/remove a book from an app/device it will be removed from the I'M READING list but will remain on the PURCHASED list. The book can then be restored by bookmarking it. It will then immediately re-appear on the I'M READING list and will re-appear on your apps/devices after the next sync.
I was going to mention this, but I wanted to check what the behaviour was, specifically on iOS as that's where my forte lies. I had a feeling that when a book is deleted on iOS that it is removed from I'm Reading and the Purchased list. I've confirmed this is not the case, it is only removed from I'm Reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
When the item page for the book is displayed it will also show the status of the book from the Kobo servers point of view. That is, it will generally say "THIS ITEM IS IN YOUR LIBRARY". What this means from a practical point of view is that if the book has been deleted from the I'M READING, PURCHASED and TRASH lists, the Kobo servers have a record of the book and it can then be restored by contacting customer care.
Also something I was going to mention. I held off for the reason you mention that if a book is removed from the trash list, ie; it is completely deleted from the lists, then you have to contact customer care to get it back on your I'm Reading list. This is a little frustrating as there should be something on the book item page which does the same as bookmarking the book on the Purchased page to get the book added back to I'm Reading, without the need to contact CC. I'm not sure why there isn't such an option.

The only workaround I have is to make sure you never delete a book from your trash, as that will allow you to go back and put it on the I'm Reading list.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote