View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #5
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 248
Karma: 556004
Join Date: Jan 2012
Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
I'm in the final stages of bug fixing my own tools and CSS for my EPUB content. In my version control repository, I have 160 revisions of those tools and CSS. The first 159 revisions almost all produced EPUB files that were 100% compliant with the specs but still looked like dingo crap on at least a few popular readers.

Unless you limit yourself to very basic markup, complying with the spec is only the first 1% of the work. The other 99% is making it actually look good everywhere.

The way you get EPUB projects is to post samples of your work. My advice would be to take a public domain work, format it, and post it somewhere so that people who are looking for those sorts of services can download it and evaluate your work.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote