View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #12
JAcheson
Tech Writer
JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch, Vizio Tablet, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Does anyone like Windows 8 ?

I downloaded a copy onto my Laptop for a while - and I found it horrendous; mind that was one of the betas and they may have taken commentary on-board. The 'front-end' remains a horror, I would have thought, for company use - seems too much tailored for tablets/phones than PCs ....
I had a similar experience: went into it optimistically thanks to the good advance word of mouth, but absolutely loathed the "Metro" interface.

The good news is, you can pretty much ignore Metro, and get your business done in the desktop mode, but on the other hand, you can also stay with Windows 7 and get the same result.
JAcheson is offline   Reply With Quote