View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #219
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Hi Sufue, fellow lover of Michael Pearce's mighty wit, droll and general wonderful story telling!!!!

Here's a copy of what was said in reply to a email question re Michael Pearce:

'Hoping to obtain ebook rights for the Pearces. Fabulous series.'

And here's the link:

Poisoned Press

(It's the last Q&A comment at the bottom of the page)

But - after reading your accounts with them then maybe this is just their stock answer now.
I emailed again and asked, specifically about countries other than the US, and got this comment back:

Quote:
No, unfortunately, we do not have the e-book rights anywhere.
and then when I asked about possibilities:

Quote:
Truthfully, it is a complicated situation. There is always hope, though!
The latter comment paradoxically made me feel less optimistic , but I guess I'll still keep my fingers crossed and be hopeful...there are just too many of the MZ books for me to scan and OCR.

I echo the positive comments about Pearce's Dead Man series too - and they ARE available as ebooks, although not from PPP.

(@Lynx-lynx, mutual congratulations on our good taste )

Last edited by sufue; 01-07-2013 at 10:22 AM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote